Framing offers protection for your prized possessions. It stabilizes and protects while the mat board (acid free) limits discolouration; and is a spacer between the photo print or object and the glass.
Be Careful when selecting where to hang your piece! Moisture and UV light need to be minimized to prevent damage, as paper and wood frames attract moisture. Keep away from direct sunlight as UV light fades signatures and colour.
When packing your framed pieces make sure you use a blanket and /or bubble wrap with cardboard over the glass. During transporting, pack several frames pack glass side to glass side. Remember to protect the corners with cardboard
Minimize UV by reducing exposure to sunlight and incandescent light. Therefore selecting your space is important.
Minimize Humidity constant temperatures are best, therefore not too close to air conditioning.
On masonry walls, stick on small pads on back of the frame to keep directly off surface.
How to Hang your piece:
- Choose design position first. Sometimes it helps to get an idea of size and position.
- Check What’s the wall made of, what’s the weight of the frame?
- Cut out paper the size of your frames and blue tack to wall, drill with more assurance.
- Next is hanging, look at the drop of the hanging cord, select the middle mark the position.
Note: Masonry walls and timber studs provide best anchor points. Drill plug and screw Gyprock or soft walls most hardware provide special screws or fasteners that are weight rated.
Hint: Take care in using small brass hangers or adhesive ones on heavier frames.
- Clean frame with soft damp cloth.
- Glass cleaners for glass, but never for Acrylics (Perspex).
- Don’t ever use solvent based to clean acrylics, use a soft water damp cloth.
If in doubt call us to provide more handy hints and tips.
Get In Touch Today!
Simply Enter your details below and one of our specialists will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please Enter the Subject as detailed as possible to make sure you’re contacted by the correct specialist.